Private Events Account Executive
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts
Department: Private Events
The Private Events Team is responsible for the sales and coordination of all the Private, Corporate and Fundraising events across the US and Canada for the company. As part of this team, you will oversee the entire sales experience for clients coming through the website, qualified clients obtained by our sales team, booking repeat business with existing client accounts. You will work with the client and local partner operations teams to ensure the effective communication and transfer of event details. You will work to maintain positive relationships with our clients and to provide exceptional customer service, ensuring clear and consistent communication to the client.
- You will be the consistent contact for individual accounts. You will build a relationship, and use your connections with those accounts, to help grow repeat business. This will be measured by your quarterly and annual repeat rate. Your goal will be to expand the overall account value associated specifically with you, within specific industries assigned to you.
- You will be responsible to engage the potential client and customize an event or series of events to their specific needs. You will offer new project opportunities, custom offerings, and personalized upgrades based on the client’s needs.
- Drive repeat business through timely communications to existing clients. You will use historical data to determine the best opportunities to reach out to repeat clients, and customize messaging to drive demand. You will drive referral business by creating a high quality customer experience and consistently promoting our client programs. Your referral rate and your NPS will be key performance indicators.
- Present event types to prospective clients and maintain a strong knowledge of the different types of experiences offered and how they are executed. Drive client engagement through new projects and opportunities available to them, and increase new project revenue within the private events business. You will implement various strategies to find the most effective closing methods for your accounts.
- You will work with the outbound sales rep and facilitate the successful transfer of all new clients into the system
- Continuously improve the event planning process to reduce manual processes, and focus efforts on the client experience. Work with the private event sales manager to better automate and streamline the collection of information and event planning.
- Collaborate with the operations team to ensure high private event quality across the brand.
- Provide professional after sales support to enhance the customers experience
- Remain in frequent contact with the clients during the sales process to understand and respond to their requests. Use information gathered from clients, as well as through client networking, to develop new ideas for outreach, campaigns, and overall feedback to improve the beginning to end sales experience.
- Coordinate with the customer service team to resolve any client issues in a timely manner to maintain high client satisfaction. Maintain a client-first mentally in all interactions.
- Maintenance of client account records and data accuracy, including weekly reporting needs to communicate accurate revenue and forecasting. You will ensure client accounts for all events are paid in a timely manner consistent with company policies.
- Assist with special projects and private event initiatives as needed.
- BS or BA in business administration, sales or marketing
- 2+ years of experience in an account executive position
- Working knowledge of MS Office & G Suite Range of Products
- Prior knowledge of CRM software (e.g. Salesforce) is a plus
Characteristics required for this position:
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Customer service attitude and aptitude
- Organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to thrive in a high volume fast paced environment