Manager, Event Sales
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts
Department: Private Events
We are looking for an experienced sales manager to join our Private Events team. Our focus is to provide outstanding events for our corporate and group clients whether it’s a team building activity, a fun company event or a fundraiser for a favorite charity.
As the Manager of Event Sales, you will identify target groups, drive
outbound calls and messages to designated prospects, and engage in a
consultative sales approach to win new clients. You will work with your team of Inside Sales Reps to improve our close rate and offer the best customer journey. The ideal candidate will have strong sales DNA, is data driven and is experienced in training and managing successful sales teams.
You are the right person for this role if you are proactive, organized, can use data to understand market and sales effectiveness, and are able to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. This role requires excellent sales management and communications skills as well as the ability to collaborate effectively with other departments.
- Drive event sales revenue (mainly corporate and group sales) by leading a team of consultants to close leads and up sell offerings.
- Partner with Marketing to increase awareness and capitalize on opportunities created and/or identified.
- Analyze market conditions and track sales opportunities and progress through data management.
- Coordinate attending networking events and trade shows to capture leads.
- Develop and manage the team budget.
- Set and monitor sales goals for team in collaboration with management.
- Lead and manage a team of Sales Consultants.
- Train and coach team to ensure strong performance.
- 4 + years of related experience in sales preferably in hospitality/service/event/catering industry, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Strong sales skills required including experience with prospecting, cold calls, and negotiating skills.
- Proficient in computer software including Microsoft Office and CRM.
- Strong leadership and people skills, plus the ability to work well within a team environment
- 2 + years managing and leading a successful sales team.
- Ability to travel overnight at least 25% of the time required