Junior Graphic Designer
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts
Department: Partner Operations
Yaymaker, from the creators of Paint Nite, hosts locally crafted events in 1,500 cities all over North America. By partnering with thousands of like-minded entrepreneurs and artists, Yaymaker gets people up, out & making at bars & restaurants in their neighborhood. Our one-of-a-kind experiences include the Original Paint Nite, Plant Nite, Design-A Sign, Flower Workshop, and Candle Maker, with more on the way. Give your week something to shout about!
The Junior Graphic Designer will focus on bringing to life our internal Business to Business marketing plan. As a designer, you have the understanding that design is an essential tool to strategically growing any business. You will be an idea generator, designing solutions in alignment with project objectives. You will work across a variety of departments within our Operations team to meet the needs of our Local Partners. We are a nimble department within our company and will count on you to roll up your sleeves and work on all types of projects big and small. You will have an innate ability to listen, investigate and understand stakeholder needs, seamlessly balancing real-world deadlines while delivering quality design work across multiple touchpoints. In this role you’ll be the only design member on the team, so your ability to work independently and manage your project workflow to achieve will be critical to your success.
- Develop design solutions that will drive results for the company
- Produce creative designs and advertisements for both print and web
- Manage, conceptualize, and implement and present multi-channel digital communications
- Support operations team with creative content for campaign initiatives including infographics, landing pages, social media graphics, and more
- Design PowerPoint slides for webinars and presentations for speaking opportunities
- Stay informed on digital marketing trends
- Uphold company style guidelines throughout a variety of projects
- Assist with copywriting and content development
- Convey images that identify our product or convey a message
- Work in a cross collaborative position with stakeholders in every department within the organization.
- Strong command of Adobe suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Understanding of digital marketing and advertising
- Strong portfolio featuring examples of a clean design style
- Hands-on experience with logo design, typography, color, web layout design, print production, image selection and web/print optimization
- Strong work ethic and ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Develop designs in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work across various departments and help influence and manage multiple perspectives on a project.
- Knowledge of basic CSS and HTML
- BA/BS degree in design, marketing or a related field
- 2-3 years of experience in design or related marketing role
- Experience with Adobe After Effects, Adobe Animate or equivalent motion graphics software
- Experience with Apple Keynote, Microsoft Powerpoint, Camtasia
- Experience with video editing software including Adobe Premiere - This is a standout huge plus! Please let us know if you have this experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level.
When you join Yaymaker, you will join a team that’s pioneering creative social experiences, supporting local communities, and bringing a little more positivity to the world.
Our part-time event hosts lead our locally crafted experiences in local venues and enjoy flexible work schedules. Full-time team members work out of our home office in Somerville, MA, and enjoy above market competitive benefits such as unlimited Paid Time Off, a 401k, and 12 weeks of 100% paid maternity or paternity leave (to name just a few). Located minutes from the Red Line Porter Square T station in Somerville, MA, our convenient office location features workout facilities, free parking, lots of snacks, and a fun-loving, collaborative culture that gets it done!