Location: Anywhere, Massachusetts
Plant Nite is about making art accessible to people who don’t consider themselves an artist or creative in any way. Plant Nite is about fostering a fun, low stress, non-judgmental environment that inspires everyone to enjoy the process of creating something from nothing.
We believe our Master Gardeners (YOU) are critical in creating this environment of fun. Through the master gardener instructor demeanor we want the anxiety that people may feel about doing something “wrong”, is displaced with a fun night of socializing with friends and having a relaxing, creative time. For many customers, Plant Nite will be a novel and memorable experience, as many have not played in the dirt since elementary school.
We feel it is critical for our gardeners to exude passion for art and fun. The focus should always be heavy on fun and light on real instruction. This is a night of socializing with friends and not a night to actually pick up any gardening skills or knowledge.
The gardener must always be positive, even if the customers are grumpy farts who put down their own work.
- The gardener must be 21
- The gardener must be comfortable on stage and have an outgoing personality and have a stage presence
- They must be able to articulate clearly and concisely what they are doing to a crowd of 35 drunken adults. They need to have “big boy” and “big girl” voices and project. Quiet mousey voices are no good.
- The gardener must be comfortable with social media and using twitter and facebook to promote their events
- The artist must be OK with lifting and moving items. There is some “grunt work” associated with the position which requires the artist to help set up art stations for up to 35 people. This may require moving tables and chairs into position as well as lifting crates filled with soil and plants.
- The artist will be responsible for getting themselves to and from the event in a prompt and timely manner and must show up 1 hour prior to the event