Regional General Manager, Chicago
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Department: Direct Operations
Paint Nite brings together millions of people from around the world to escape the expected and to share in unique and diverse creative experiences. Those experiences can happen at local eating and drinking establishments with friends and family or at corporate offices with work colleagues.
If you join us here at Paint Nite to deliver on our mission, you will have access to unique career opportunities and enjoy above market competitive benefits such as 100% paid 12-week maternity and paternity leave, unlimited PTO, a generous 401k employer match, as well as health, dental and vision insurance.
We are looking for a dynamic GM to be the head of the Chicago region for all Paint Nite experiences.
The Regional GM will be the top leader in Chicago and is responsible for delivering the best experience possible wherever a Chicago-located Paint Nite is hosted. Paint Nite equals fun and diverse creative experiences and that means you, as the GM, will ensure that Paint Nite is the best-in-class brand in the Chicago area. You will drive ticket sales as well manage all hiring, training, and supervision of local hosts and artists. You will work closely with the Home Office in Somerville, MA, ensuring supply inventory is ready and available for every event. You will work with Marketing at the home office to drive local marketing efforts continuously. You will also partner effectively with local Chicago restauranteurs and other venue owners/managers to create the ultimate Paint Nite experience at those venues. The GM will report to the Director of Business Operations, who is located at the home office in Somerville, MA.
- Create and maintain a "Total Customer Satisfaction" culture by ensuring your team is trained to be best-in-class hosts and the venues we partner with can and do deliver excellent service.
- Drive Chicago revenue and profit goals.
- Meet or exceed financial metrics and operational objectives
- Partner with leading Chicago area venues to enhance the Paint Nite experience.
- Optimize the number, variety and location of experiences throughout the area.
- Manage supply inventory for the Chicago area through the home office.
- Partner with Home office marketing to drive all local marketing efforts both on and off line.
- Manage events effectively by executing weekly and monthly business rhythms and tasks
- Ensure brand is represented in venue and in all local marketing.
- Analyze market trends to drive sales, increase event attendance and overall number and diversity of events
- Hire effectively and manage your team’s performance as well as their growth and development as team members of Paint Nite.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
- 3-6 years retail store management experience or event delivery
- BA in Business Administration or related field preferred
- Know how to develop a staff through experience in staffing, coaching, counseling, training, etc.
- Knowledge of retail operations such as sales, customer service, inventory control, store budget preparation.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to meet the demands of a thriving retail business, which may entail working on weekends and holidays.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Data driven.
- Effective problem solver.
- Event planning experience a plus.
- Proficient in using Social Media to drive brand awareness and revenue.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level.
- Ability to lift 4 lbs. constantly; lift maximum 8 lbs. occasionally; kneel or squat frequently; push or pull 50 lbs. over 200 ft. occasionally; stand for extended periods of time; climb ladders occasionally; frequently climb and descend stairs (depending on location)
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2012 and privately held, we are headquartered in Somerville, MA and do not own any brick and mortar locations outside of our office in Somerville. We partner with local entrepreneurs around the world to bring a variety of creative, fun, entertaining experiences in locally owned and operated venues.