Packer - New York City
Location: New York City, New York
Department: Direct Operations
Packer – Brooklyn, NY
Paint Nite is national company that brings together millions of people around the world to escape the expected and to share in unique creative experiences. Those experiences can happen at local eating and drinking establishments with friends and family or at corporate offices with work colleagues.
We are looking for a Packer to work as the “behind the scenes” support for our events that happen in the Brooklyn and Manhattan area. Requires working solo in our storage unit in Brooklyn, NY, where you will ensure we have all the supplies needed for our events packed and ready to be delivered by our drivers to the venues throughout Brooklyn and Manhattan.
8 - 12 hours per week. Schedule is flexible as long as the storage unit is maintained, deliveries are received in a timely manner and there are enough events kits packed correctly and ready for delivery at any time.
The pay rate for this position is $15 / hour
Responsibilities of the role:
Pack supply packages or “kits” to ensure every event has the supplies needed for every attendee at every event scheduled for the week. In addition to packing the “kits”, you will also:
- Open packages & alert the General Manager to any inaccuracies or damaged products
- Label and update kit schedule clearly for drivers
- Complete monthly inventory
- Monitor inventory & alert the General Manager to any needs
- Maintain organization and cleanliness in the storage unit
- Meet trucking company for deliveries where our presence is required
- Be present for trash/recycling removal from the storage unit
- Consolidate opened materials (paint, pebbles, plant deco, etc.)
- Maintain succulent plant care - watering periodically, placing plants under grow lights upon arrival
- Communicate any issues with returned kits to the General Manager (i.e., missing portions of a kit, damaged brushes or easels that need replacing, something not picked up when it should've been, etc.)
- Physically able to meet the physical demands of the role
- Access to a cell phone to use for GPS purposes and communication with manager
- Reliable and flexible.
- Good communications skills both verbally and via email/text
- Valid professional driver’s license with a good driving record with no major violations a plus but not required
- Prior packing experience a plus but not required.
- Ability to read and communicate in English.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Frequent sustained intervals of standing, bending, lifting and walking carrying up to 30 lbs.
- Perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing and in opening packages and packing and sealing packages.
- Frequent holding and grasping with the hands when stocking the storage unit and organizing it.
- Exposure to bright lights, gas fumes from delivery trucks, extreme temperatures and dust from opening packages and from the storage unit.
- Able to report to work at our storage unit in Brooklyn when scheduled.
Added value but not required
- Ability to step in as a driver if/when needed. To qualify to drive for us you have to have a valid driver’s license in good standing with no major violations. MVR check required.
- Strong knowledge of our event types & ability to potentially step in as a co-host if willing and able.