Inside Sales Consultant
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts
Department: Private Events
Paint Nite brings together millions of people around the world to escape the expected and to share in unique creative experiences. Those experiences can happen at local eating and drinking establishments with friends and family or at corporate offices with work colleagues. The events are hosted by local entrepreneurs who partner with Paint Nite to make them happen.
If you join our team full time, you will have access to unique career opportunities and enjoy stellar benefits such as 100% paid maternity and paternity leave and unlimited PTO. Located just minutes from the Porter Square T station in Somerville, our convenient office location features workout facilities, free parking, and an open-concept design.
We are looking for a Private Event Sales Consultant to join our Private Events team.
As the Inside Sales Consultant, you will reach out to interested prospects to win new business and generate repeat business. You will have access to very warm inbound leads from individuals looking to host a special event for friends and/or family or to host a charity fundraising event for a cause they care about. You will also conduct outbound prospecting to new customers. The ideal candidate will have sales experience (event sales is a plus!), is organized and detail oriented. After you have delighted the customer by booking their event, you will coordinate with our internal Relationship Managers who will work with our local partners to ensure the events happen.
You are the right person for this role if you are proactive, a good communicator and conversationalist, sales-minded, can use data to understand market and sales effectiveness, and are able to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. This role requires excellent sales and communications skills as well as the ability to collaborate effectively with other departments. Compensation is a combination of base salary plus commission contingent upon hitting specific revenue-based targets. This role reports to the Director of Private Events.
- Drive private event sales revenue by closing in bound sales leads
- Reach out to prospects to sell events.
- Collaborate with internal partners on event delivery and process to ensure high quality events.
- Coordinate the hand off of execution to local partners through our internal Relationship Managers to deliver private events and fundraisers
- Maintain internal CRM of current and future clients
- Regularly reach out to potential new customers to continually build pipeline of new customers and offer new events
- Effectively engage existing clients to participate in subsequent events
- Provide feedback on opportunities and areas for development
- Balance high volume with exceptional service – prioritizing effectively
- Meet sales goals as assigned
A successful candidate would possess the following:
- 2+ years of related experience in sales preferably in hospitality/service/event/catering industry, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Sales skills required including experience with prospecting, cold calls, and closing sales
- Proficient in computer software including Microsoft Office and CRM tools
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work cross-functionally effectively
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level.
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2012 and privately held, we are headquartered in Somerville, MA and do not own any brick and mortar locations outside of our office in Somerville. We partner with local entrepreneurs around the world who host the creative events in locally established restaurants and bars or in private venues.