QA Automation Engineer
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts
Paint Nite brings together millions of people around the world to escape the expected and to share in unique creative experiences. Those experiences can happen at local eating and drinking establishments with friends and family or at corporate offices with work colleagues. The events are hosted by local entrepreneurs who partner with Paint Nite to make them happen.
As a team member of Paint Nite, you will have access to unique career opportunities and enjoy above market competitive benefits such as 100% paid maternity and paternity leave and unlimited PTO. Located just minutes from the Porter Square T station in Somerville, our convenient office location features workout facilities, free parking, and an open-concept design.
Paint Nite’s engineering team is passionate about producing performant, stable, and secure applications for our customers as well as our internal users. Our applications help people throughout the country and around the world discover exciting new creative experiences. Paint Nite’s growing QA team partners with other parts of engineering and teams throughout the company to ensure a great experience throughout the process.
- Document and manage testing processes in an agile workflow
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Ensure comprehensive coverage of all requirements
- Constantly seek out ways to automate our manual processes
- Streamline our software development lifecycle
- Champion early testing throughout engineering and the rest of the company
- Assist in associating defects with application behavior
- Help to diagnose performance bottlenecks
- Assist in managing multiple releases per week
- 4+ years’ experience in a QA engineering role
- Working knowledge of industry standard tools such as Jira, Jenkins, and TestRail
- Knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience with automation tools such as Selenium, JMeter, or Postman
- Experience with SQL and databases
- Experience with Web Services testing
- Experience with continuous delivery is a big plus
- The ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical peers
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level.
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2012 and privately held, we are headquartered in Somerville, MA and do not have any brick and mortar locations outside of our office in Somerville. We partner with local entrepreneurs around the world who host the creative events in locally established restaurants and bars or in private venues.