Sr. Financial Analyst
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts
A career at Paint Nite means you’ll breathe creativity, indulge your curiosity, and drive innovation on a daily basis. As an expanding, international business with a start-up mentality, we thrive on tough challenges, encourage dynamic job descriptions, and empower every employee to make a lasting difference. Ranked the second fastest-growing company in the country on the Inc. 500 in 2016, we’re not slowing down any time soon. With a new CEO at the helm and major investments in our tech, product, and marketing teams (to name a few), we’re looking for ambitious and enthusiastic people to help make Paint Nite even bigger and better.
Paint Nite offers professional advancement opportunities, great benefits, and flexible vacation. Our brand-new 24,000 square-foot office is just minutes from the Porter Square T station and features workout facilities, a large recreational space, and an open-concept design. Paint Nite prides itself on a culture of collaboration, innovation, and community that unites employees around the common goal of growing our best-in-class company.
We are looking for a results-oriented, efficient and hands-on Financial Analyst to join our Finance Team. We are seeking an individual who will be responsible for managing and executing financial and business analysis needs for Paint Nite. This person will perform financial modeling, financial planning, financial reporting, business analytics, budgeting, monthly operations review and strategic planning. The successful candidate will have very strong finance, accounting and analytical skills, solid business judgment, and thrive in a dynamic work environment. We’re seeking someone driven and flexible, effective in verbal and written communication skills. Strong accounting knowledge (GAAP, P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, KPI’s etc.) is a must!
- Prepare weekly and monthly financial reports and analysis
- Prepare financial Budgets and forecasts
- Model various financial scenarios
- Monitor working capital needs
- Develop forecasting/predictive models and perform statistical analysis on quantitative data
- Develop price models for different products and nite types
- Analyze business trends by Paint Nite’s Markets. Track and understand market factors including seasonality, channel mix, competitive landscape, market demographics etc.
- Execute ad hoc analysis requests in a timely manner
- Be responsible for content, visuals, and execution of weekly KPI reports that are distributed
- Organize and present metrics in new and engaging ways to the company at Team Meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics. CPA/MBA preferred.
- 3+ years of experience as a Financial Analyst
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong financial analysis and financial modeling skills
- Experience in predictive modeling
- Financial reporting experience using Domo and NetSuite
- A strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- The ability to work well in a start-up team setting
- Strong organizational skills and extremely detail oriented
- The ability to perform well under pressure, working with a variety of departments
- The ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced start-up environment
- Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion
- Knowledge of procedural controls and data validation techniques
- A positive, can-do attitude
- The ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems
- A strong presence with the ability to interact with Senior Leadership
Extra bonus points if:
- You are best described as curious and driven
- Your are an independent worker and analytical thinker
- You have experience writing queries in MySQL