Graphic Design Intern
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts
Currently enrolled in a design degree program? If so, you may be a great fit as our Graphic Design Summer Intern at Paint Nite.
Paint Nite is an expanding, international business with a start-up mentality, we thrive on tough challenges, encourage dynamic job descriptions, and empower every employee to make a lasting difference. Ranked the second fastest-growing company in the country on the Inc. 500 in 2016, we’re not slowing down any time soon. With a new CEO at the helm and major investments in our tech, product, and marketing teams (to name a few), we’re looking for ambitious and enthusiastic people to help make Paint Nite even bigger and better.
As our Design Intern, you’ll work with, and learn from our graphic designers. It will be a 40-hour work week, retouching/resizing, making edits, and completing other creative production needs.
- Be enthusiastic for design and marketing
- Be responsible for creating digital design (social, banner ads, collateral, landing pages)
- Juggle multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Stay on top of the details and maintain the highest quality
- Maintain an organized database of all files using Box.com
- Work within the brand standards and guidelines
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite - particularly Illustrator and Photoshop
- A passion for creativity
- A portfolio that showcases a variety of digital and web-based design as well as some print
- Strong working knowledge of web and digital design standards and best practices
- Attention to detail with a strong understanding of typography and layout design
- A true team player mindset; adept at working with multiple people at any given time
- Organization and agile work skills, and an obsession with execution of the highest quality
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level.
Who we are:
Paint Nite is the leading in-venue experience brand, bringing millions of people together to share in unique creative escapes. Based in Boston MA, we’ve quickly become one of Boston’s most buzzed about consumer brands and a fixture on local industry lists. With more than 100 employees in our Somerville headquarters and more than 240 licensed partners across the US and Canada, we’re uniquely positioned for explosive growth and long-term success.
Our brand-new 24,000 square-foot office is just minutes from the Porter Square T station and features workout facilities, a large recreational space, and an open-concept design. Paint Nite prides itself on a culture of collaboration, innovation, and community that unites employees around the common goal of growing our best-in-class company.