Yulia Art Studio
Yulia Art Studio
Unique 3hr Virtual Workhop: Take your painting technique to the next level!
You don't have to be an advanced artist to take this class but some painting experience would be helpful. If you've done a couple of Paint Nites before, you should be good to go=)
The workshop is going to be recorded and will be available for viewing for a month afterwards. Please disregard the "non-recorded" message above.
During the workshop, we will go over the following basics of painting snow scenes:
- What is the actual color of snow?
- How does weather and time of day affect it?
- How to deal with lights and shadows on snow or how to make it look 3D?
- How to adjust your painting to make your snow truly come to life?
We will be doing several small studies to practice the above principles.
You will need YOUR OWN SUPPLIES for Virtual Events. You can get them easily from your local art/craft store:
- A canvas pad OR a pad of HEAVY (!) paper (at least 300 gsm/140 lbs, i.e. cardboard weight: either mixed-media, printing, bristol or cheap watercolor paper), either 9"x12", 11"x14" or similar size. If you have cheap canvases (or if they are easier to find), you can use those instead. We'll need ~5-7 sheets or canvases. If your canvases are large (16x20 or larger) you'll need 2-3.
- Acrylic paint ( white, black, red, yellow and blue + optional brown (burnt umber or similar) and a bright orange (cadmium orange or similar)
- A paper plate (or a piece of plastic/cardboard)
- A water cup
- A variety of brushes ( I recommend a large flat brush , a medium square brush (a "bright"), a fan brush and a small detail brush)
- Paper towels
You will also need to install ZOOM prior to the event. You will get a one time link to access the event. The workshop is ~3 hours and you will be able to log on ~ 10-15 minutes before the start time.
I look forward to painting with you!
You may reschedule or cancel tickets up to 8 hours before the event starts. Read our reschedule policy here.
Are you tired of Netflix? Let's get creative! Our events are fun, relaxed and jam-packed with various painting tips and tricks. Yo...