Yulia Art Studio
Yulia Art Studio
Have you always wanted to draw people? Are you worried it may be too hard? No fear! This 6-week course will demystify human figure and make figure drawing fun!
All levels! This introductory course is designed to be accessible to participants in all stages of their artistic journey, from complete beginners to more experienced artists.
There will be six 3-hour sessions: April 16, 23, 30 and May 7, 14 and 21. In case you miss a day, each session is going to be recorded and will be available for viewing for a month after the course ends. Please disregard the "non-recorded" message above.
In our sessions we will cover the main principles of figure drawing:
- Simplification of what you see
- Basic human body and face proportions
- Various approaches to drawing figure
- Making your drawings interesting
- How to critique your own drawings
We will do a variety of exercises working with photo references during each sessions and I will give you optional homework after each session.
You will need YOUR OWN SUPPLIES:
- A sketchbook with at least 40 pages. At least 9"x12" in size, 11"x14" recommended. If you are in a pinch, copy paper would work as well
- Pencil set of various hardness. At a minimum, you want HB, 2B, 4B and 6B
- Graphite stick (NOT charcoal)
- A regular plastic eraser (ex. mars plastic eraser)
- A kneaded eraser
- Pencil eraser (optional)
- A pencil sharpener or an exacto knife
- A ruler
- A variety of pens/fineliners
- Paper towels
You will also need to install ZOOM prior to the event. You will get a one time link to access the event. You can log on up to 1/2 hour prior to the event start.
I look forward to drawing with you!
You may reschedule or cancel tickets up to 8 hours before the event starts. Read our reschedule policy here.
Are you tired of Netflix? Let's get creative! Our events are fun, relaxed and jam-packed with various painting tips and tricks. Yo...