Yulia Art Studio
Yulia Art Studio
Do you want to know how to paint your favourite keepsakes? Do you want to learn to find painting inspiration in your own home? This course is for you!
You don't have to be an advanced artist to take this class but some painting experience would be helpful (e.g. a couple of Paint Nites).
The course will consist of six 3-hour sessions. In case you miss a day, each session is going to be recorded and will be available for viewing for a month after the course ends.
We will cover main topics that you need to know to paint your very own still life paintings:
- How to simplify common objects
- How to compose an interesting still life
- How to light your set up for clear and interesting shadows
- How to paint drapery
- How to choose colors for your composition
- Step-by-step-on your very own still life project
- How to critique your own painting.
We will be doing a variety of exercises, a few paint-along demos and you will complete one full painting on your own from start to finish.
You will need YOUR OWN SUPPLIES:
- A few sheets of copy paper,
- A pencil,
- An eraser,
- A ruler,
- A canvas pad OR a pad of heavy (!) paper (at least 300 gsm/140 lbs, i.e. cardboard weight: either mixed-media, printing, bristol or cheap watercolor paper) for painting exercises
- Several canvases or canvas boards for more finished paintings (11"x14" to 16"x20")
- Acrylic paint. At minimum white, black, red (magenta, quinacridone red or bright red), yellow and blue (Phthalocyanine (or phthalo blue) is best overall). Optional colors: burnt umber, yellow ochre, ultramarine blue.
- A paper plate (or a piece of plastic/cardboard)
- A water cup
- A variety of brushes ( I recommend a large flat brush , a medium square brush (it's called a "bright") and a small detail brush)
- Paper towels
You will also need to install ZOOM prior to the event. You will get a one time link to access the event. You can log on up to 1/2 hour prior to the event start.
I am looking forward to painting with you!
You may reschedule or cancel tickets up to 8 hours before the event starts. Read our reschedule policy here.
Are you tired of Netflix? Let's get creative! Our events are fun, relaxed and jam-packed with various painting tips and tricks. Yo...