Drawing Course: The Basics
Are you curious about learning to draw and sketch? Do you want to be able to draw anything you lay your eyes on? Do you want to take your painting skills to the next level? This course is for you!
All levels! Whether you haven't held a pencil in your hand since elementary school or you have been sketching for a while but you want to improve the quality of your drawings, this course is for you.
The main goal of this course is to instill good drawing habits and to provide you with enough tools to go out and sketch the world around you.
The course will consist of six 3-hour sessions: July 10, 17, 24, 31 and August 7, 14.
In case you miss a day, each session is going to be recorded and will be available for viewing for a month afterwards. Please disregard the "non-recorded" message above.
We will cover main principles of drawing:
- How to develop hand-eye coordination
- How to train precision
- How to simplify what you see
- How to break down complex objects into simple shapes
- Lights and shadows theory
- How to create an illusion of texture
- How to find your style in drawing
- How to critique your own drawings
You will need YOUR OWN SUPPLIES:
- A sketchbook with at least 40 pages. At least 9"x12" in size, 11"x14" recommended. If you are in a pinch, copy paper would work as well
- Pencil set of various hardness. At a minimum, you want HB, 2B, 4B and 6B
- Graphite stick (NOT charcoal)
- A plastic eraser (ex. mars plastic eraser)
- A kneaded eraser
- Pencil eraser (optional)
- A pencil sharpener or, even better, an exacto knife
- A ruler (optional)
- A variety of pens/fineliners (whatever you have lying around)
- Paper towels
I look forward to drawing with you!
You may reschedule or cancel tickets up to 8 hours before the event starts. Read our reschedule policy here.
Are you tired of Netflix? Let's get creative! Our events are fun, relaxed and jam-packed with various painting tips and tricks. Yo...