Drawing Course: Sketchbook Explorations
Are you curious about learning to draw and sketch? Do you want to take your painting skills to the next level? This course is for you! All levels!
Oct 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 and Nov 6; 10 am - 1 pm MST (noon - 3 pm EST)
This course is a part of a 3-course series: The Basics or How to Draw Everything, Sketchbook Explorations and Perspective Drawing.
The main goal of this Sketchbook Explorations course is to show you techniques for using various dry drawing media and to show you how to use your sketchbook as both a learning tool to improve your skills and your therapist buddy that will help you unwind and relax. The course will consist of six 3-hour sessions: July 10, 17, 24, 31 and August 7, 14. In case you miss a day, each session is going to be recorded and will be available for viewing for a month afterwards. Please disregard the "non-recorded" message above. We will look at the following topics:
- Intuitive drawing
- Lights and shadows in different mediums
- Texture in different mediums
- Drawing from imagination
We will be doing a variety of exercises during each sessions and I will be giving out optional homework after each session. You will need YOUR OWN SUPPLIES:
- A regular sketchbook with at least 40 pages and a toned paper sketchbook (either grey or tan/craft). At least 8.5"x11" in size
- Pencil set of various hardness and colours and a graphite stick (NOT charcoal)
- Charcoal (both sticks and pencils)
- A white plastic eraser (ex. mars brand)
- A kneaded eraser
- A pencil sharpener or an exacto knife
- A ruler (optional)
- A variety of pens and fineliners
- Markers of various colors (e.g. Copic, Prismacolor, Ohuhu or similar)
- A round brush
- Paper towels
You will also need to install ZOOM prior to the event. You will get a one time link to access the event. You can log on up to 1/2 hour prior to the event start. I look forward to drawing with you!
You may reschedule or cancel tickets up to 8 hours before the event starts. Read our reschedule policy here.
Are you tired of Netflix? Let's get creative! Our events are fun, relaxed and jam-packed with various painting tips and tricks. Yo...