Designed by the renowned architects Knox & Elliot and built in 1891, The Blake House is one of the last standing heritage structures in Toronto mixing late 19th century Victorian and Second Empire architecture. Its first owner the Honourable Edward Blake was the second premier of Ontario and leader of the federal liberal party between 1878-1887 . He was also the founder of the law firm known today as Blake, Cassels & Graydon. At that time, Jarvis street was a tree lined boulevard of stately mansions as displayed on our wall stencils and pictures. Leading Canadian families such as the Cawthras, Masseys, and Gooderhams were among Blake's neighbours. The home remained in the Blake family until 1917.
Join us in their beautiful and secluded private space, complete with service bar, for our Paint Nite Parties! We can't wait to get our creativity flowing in ths beautiful restored space. Cheers, Toronto!
Location and Getting There:
449 Jarvis St, Toronto, ON, M4Y 2G8.
Located on the southside of The Blake House
$5.00 Parking (Target Parking Inc)
Meter Parking on the west side of Jarvis (across the street from us)
(Free after 9pm & before 1pm on weekends)
*additional meter parking on maitland st.