Max's Restaurant's beginnings started in 1945, after World War II. Maximo Gimenez, a Stanford-educated teacher, befriended the American occupation troups stationed at Quezon City. Because of this friendship, the soldiers regularly visited Maximo's nearby home for a drink or two. Later on, the troops insisted that they pay for their drinks. This prompted Maximo to open a cafe, where the troops could enjoy food and drinks. The cafe initially served chicken, steak and drinks. Maximo's niece Ruby, who managed the kitchen, created a special recipe for chicken that became an instant favority for the GIs. Soon, the Filipino public heard about the delicious chicken - tender, juicy and crispy - and they came too! Max's Restaurant was born. Over the years Max's Restaurant's popularity grew and it became know as "The House That Fried Chicken Built". Max's Restaurant has established itself as a household name in the Phillippines, an institution, and a proud Filipino tradition. The second and third generations of the family continue to zealously uphold the standards and traditions set by Maximo and Ruby for all Max's Restaurants. Now a global brand, Max's Restaurants serves real, authentic Philippine cuisine at over 200 locations in the Philippines, 8 in the Middle East, and 17 in North America.
1255 St James St, Winnipeg MB R3H 0K9